Community. Collaboration. Compassion.
Welcome students and parents to a new and exciting year in Grade 4! I’m looking forward to sharing many wonderful learning experiences with you. Taking risks will become common practice in our classroom, and in doing so, we will learn to persevere and reach for our goals.
We are without a doubt a group of unique individuals. Together let's celebrate our diverse backgrounds, develop our skills and become aware of who we are as learners. We will work collaboratively to make our thinking visible, developing the appropriate mindset so that growth in all areas of our learning is achieved.
Growth Mindset... What is it? Throughout our learning journey, working collaboratively is important so that goals are reached - both as individuals and as a group. Nurturing the appropriate mindset (Carol Dweck) is key in order to grow in all areas of our learning. Being open-minded to new experiences will enrich our learning and deepen our understanding of what it means to be engaged, ethical citizens in a dynamic world (Graded School's Mission Statement).
Welcome students and parents to a new and exciting year in Grade 4! I’m looking forward to sharing many wonderful learning experiences with you. Taking risks will become common practice in our classroom, and in doing so, we will learn to persevere and reach for our goals.
We are without a doubt a group of unique individuals. Together let's celebrate our diverse backgrounds, develop our skills and become aware of who we are as learners. We will work collaboratively to make our thinking visible, developing the appropriate mindset so that growth in all areas of our learning is achieved.
Growth Mindset... What is it? Throughout our learning journey, working collaboratively is important so that goals are reached - both as individuals and as a group. Nurturing the appropriate mindset (Carol Dweck) is key in order to grow in all areas of our learning. Being open-minded to new experiences will enrich our learning and deepen our understanding of what it means to be engaged, ethical citizens in a dynamic world (Graded School's Mission Statement).
What Makes You Say That? These simple, but powerful words, activate our minds to build explanations from what we see or know. Embracing change and flexibility in our thinking allows us to develop our understandings and teaches us to consider multiple perspectives. Learning to reflect and make meaningful connections will create a culture of thinking for active, healthy and mindful living!
Parents: Make your Child's Thinking Visible at Home! Take a look at the following PDF that lists and explains ten applications to help you make your child's thinking visible.
![]() |
| Josefina's CSI Thinking Routine: Who am I as a Learner? - Synthesizing and organizing ideas by capturing the heart through metaphors |
Together, We Can Help Each Other Grow! This first of week of school, our class had the opportunity to write goals based on the Graded Core Values. Students, please take the time to read and share your goal with your parents. I wonder, in what ways could we support you so you can achieve your goal with success?
Victor: "My goal is to be more CURIOUS. I will take action by asking more questions. This goal is important to me because asking questions is important for learning, so I could learn new things."
|
| Antonio: "My goal is to be a RISK-TAKER. I will take action by trying new stuff. This goal is important to me because I like to try new stuff and it helps me learn new subjects." |
![]() |
Yasser: "My goal is to be more BALANCED. I will take action by studying more. This goal is important to me because it is going to help me a lot with my grades."
|
Gabriel: "My goal is to be more INNOVATIVE. I will take action by creating new things or sharing more ideas. This goal is important to me because when I grow up, I can be a good scientist."
|
Moise: "My goal is to be more INCLUSIVE. I will take action by calling someone that is never played with. This goal is important to me because I want to make new friends."
|
Anika: "My goal is to be more of a RISK-TAKER. I will take action by raising my hand to answer a question several times. This goal is important to me because it will help me to be more confident."
|
Josefina: "My goal is to be more of a RISK-TAKER. I will take action by talking in front of the class. This goal is important to me because I will pass from being shy and be more confident."
|
Ana Catherine: "My goal is to be more BALANCED. I will take action by playing with other friends. This goal is important to me because it is fun making new friends also."
|
Matteo: "My goal is to be more BALANCED. I will take action by talking less to my friends. This goal is important to me because I want to get better grades."
|
Eduardo: "My goal is to be more REFLECTIVE. I will take action by learning by my mistakes. This goal is important to me because lots of times in school you are going to reflect."
|
Maria Paula: "My goal is to be more REFLECTIVE. I will take action by talking at the right time. This goal is important to me because I will become a better student."
|
Bela: "My goal is to be more of a CRITICAL THINKER. I will take action by thinking harder thoughts. This goal is important to me because I need to get better at making connections in my learning."
|




:D =)
ReplyDelete