Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Writing about Reading Homework

We have been working on writing about reading with Grade 5's. Research has shown that focusing on details in our reading helps us to better understand and make sense of the writing. As well, writing about our reading allows us to improve our writing and the ideas we are understanding within the book.

Here are some things we have learned this week when we talk about Writing Well About Reading: 






What to remember when you are writing tonight: 

*Write using evidence ( "use parts from the text", " quotes" and don't forget to explain why you used those)

* Don't write a lot, write quality- not quantity! 

* Focus on not summarizing, focus on explaining things you are noticing. 

Something I noticed while I was reading was... 
I understand how the character is feeling because...
The setting helps me understand the story because ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment