Thursday, October 6, 2016

Reading At Home

Does your child read at night?! Yes? Great!

However- now Grade 5's know more about what it means to work on their reading, so we don't want to lose that! Working on your reading means reading AND writing.

Not sure how? Take a look at this presentation and go for it!


 <Click link here to open the google presentation in a separate window>

Parents- you have homework too! Please leave us a comment.

What is your favorite childhood book- what makes you remember it so fondly? 

4 comments:

  1. My favorite book when I was a child was "Little Women", by Louisa May Alcott.
    This book is about the March girls, 4 sisters. And I loved to read this book again and again because each time I read it, I dreamed I was a different March girl. Actually, I played with my little sister pretending we were those girls. We used to take turns and switch characters, but most of the times we "fight" because we wanted to be the same girl. We could played for hours. It still brings me back good memories from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful book- I used to love pretending as well!

      Delete
  2. My favorite childhood book was Charlotte's Web. I remember it was the first book that made me cry and I loved the sweet friendship between Wilbur and Charlotte. It made me realize how books can affect you and bring out real emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fond memories of my fifth grade teacher, Ms. Chadwick, reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" to our class. I loved the story about a boy and his love for dogs, and I loved being read to!

    ReplyDelete